How To Get Over A Break-Up

By anthea - 10:57

Hello and welcome to the new re-vamped, AnthBlogs! I want to start this blog off on a positive note by talking about my break-up. That was a joke, it's not positive but it will definitely help me and hopefully others too! 

As you probably already know, I recently went through a break up that was devastating to say the least. It was the most heart-breaking, itstheendofmylife experience that I couldn't even talk about for a long while. 

I've finally, finally, reached that point in my life where I am able to see the good in everything that's happened and although I'm not 100% there with how I feel about it all, I'm hoping that I have some wise words of wisdom that could help someone else who's going through the same thing. 

So um, before we start I want to add in a little disclaimer, this is probably going to be unhelpful to most people, I'm basing all of this on how I've dealt with things and what I've been through but everyone is different and deals with things in a different way. These aren't set in stone, there's no right way but if even one of my tips helps, then I've done my job! 





This may seem like a fairly obvious one, but you honestly cannot imagine the amount of times I called/messaged him begging for him. It's seriously, embarrassing. I can't even believe I'm telling you; but it happened. So the first step is to stop doing that. You're going to find out he/she is with someone else, you're going to get more upset and no one wins. 

In my case, I deleted his number about 45 times so I wouldn't text him. I just made sure to screenshot it before I did so I ... could text him. It's a stupid thing to do, so delete that number and stop talking to him/her. It will help. I promise it will. Not talking to him has made me believe that he doesn't exist, and if he doesn't exist then I can't get upset over him. This is my logic, and it works. 

If you haven't accepted that you're not wanted anymore, then you'll never be able to move on and find someone a million times better. I know it's easier said than done, I still haven't accepted it. I have dreams that he'll call me and beg for me back, I have day-dreams all the time that he'll need me for something and he'll fall back in love with me. But I need to face the fact that it's not going to happen, and once I've realised that, I can move on. 


I always read about people who have gone through a break up and then end up completely transforming their lives. It's incredible but that's not what I'm talking about. If you're up for it and you're motivated to do that, then go for it. But I for one know that that's never going to happen. What I'm talking about are the small things that you can focus on, both to take your mind off of things but also to help you move on in the long-run.

Things such as focussing on blogging again, reading more books, watching that TV show you haven't finished yet, throwing everything you've got into your school work or job, eating healthier, eating more unhealthy, losing weight or gaining weight. Whatever it is, focus on it. Focus on improving yourself, not because there was anything wrong with you, but because we can all improve and now's as good a time as any! 


Just think, in a few years from now you'll look back and laugh at about everything that's happened. You'll look back and smile at the memories and laugh about how silly you were being sending 45 messages at 3am in the morning and crying all hours of the day. You'll realise that there's so much worse in life and break ups should be the least of your problems. Sorry that was horrible, but it's true.  

You can't rush things or force them to happen when you're not ready to move on or get over it. So take my advice (or take someone else's) and throw yourself into something that'll change your life for the better. Remember, everyone goes through break ups and people deal with things differently. 

And if you're still struggling, I'm always here if you want to talk things out. I can 100% tell you that writing this post has helped me come to terms with everything in a way that I never thought would happen so soon. So maybe start talking to someone, write your feelings down and you'll feel much more content with yourself and your life. God, I should have done this weeks ago! 


I'm sure there are a million other ways to help deal with a break-up, I'd love to hear some of your thoughts in the comments! Let's face it, I need all the help I can get! 

I hope you enjoyed this post, don't forget to comment & share! 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments